Lufthansa Technik’s AVIATAR lands in Valencia with Invest in Valencia’s support
*From left to right: David Valls (Project Manager, Invest in Valencia); Jan Philipp Graesch (Head of Digital Solutions Monitor & Detect, AVIATAR); Virginia García (Project Manager, Invest in Valencia); Jose Vicente Morata (President, Valencia Chamber of Commerce); Martin Schittko (Head of Digital Solutions MRO Management, AVIATAR); Pilar Bernabé (Economic Development Deputy Mayor, Valencia City Council); María Escartí (Director, Invest in Valencia); Lasse Behrens (Senior Manager Digital Strategy, Business Development & Cooperations, AVIATAR); Felix Adam (Manager Digital Strategy, Business Development & Cooperations, AVIATAR); Vicente Mompó (International Department Coordinator, Valencia Chamber of Commerce); Julio Olmos (Valencia City Council); and Jorge Linares (Director, Valencia Chamber of Commerce).
By the end of the year, an initial team of up to 20 IT experts will be working on data-driven applications ranging from predictive maintenance to automated fulfillment solutions optimizing the entire value chain of the aviation industry.
After a very thorough selection process, Valencia was chosen as the ideal location from which to grow internationally.
The AVIATAR team visited the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) with their Polytechnic University’s City of Innovation and the University of Valencia’s Scientific Park – powerful centers of development and innovation that train human resources with high technical and scientific knowledge. They also got to meet with some of the key drivers of the Valencian tech ecosystem of entrepreneurship, such as Valencia Activa, Valencia Tech City,Startup Valencia and Lanzadera. The abundance of specialized talent, together with the dynamism and interconnectivity of the city’s entrepreneurial ecosystem have been key elements in the company’s decision.
AVIATAR was officially welcomed to the city on June 14th by the Valencia City Council’s Economic Development Deputy Mayor, Pilar Bernabé, the President of the Valencia Chamber of Commerce, Jose Vicente Morata, and the Invest in València Office’s team.
AVIATAR is the independent platform for digital products and services developed by Lufthansa Technik. The platform offers its users digital products ranging from predictive maintenance to fulfilment and automated solutions. AVIATAR combines fleet management solutions, data science and engineering expertise to provide a comprehensive range of integrated digital services and products for airlines, MRO companies, OEMs and lessors that seamlessly integrate with physical fulfilment in TechOps and beyond.
The arrival of AVIATAR is most definitely an important landmark for the Valencian tech ecosystem and the aviation industry in the region. Lufthansa Technik’s digital corporate startup is currently looking for experienced Full-Stack Developers and Software Architects who are eager to work in an international environment and driven to disrupt the aviation industry digitally.
We share some of the links to the news articles where the arrival of Aviatar to Valencia has been featured so far:
- Aviation Business News: https://bit.ly/3xFPyne
- Avionrevue: https://www.avionrevue.com/industria/aviatar-abre-una-nueva-sede-en-valencia/
- ElPeriodic: https://www.elperiodic.com/valencia/aviatar-plataforma-digital-lufthansa-technik-abre-nueva-sede-valencia-mano-invest_832376
- EuropaPress: https://www.europapress.es/comunitat-valenciana/noticia-aviatar-plataforma-digital-lufthansa-technik-abre-nueva-sede-valencia-20220620144450.html
- Levante EMV: https://www.levante-emv.com/economia/2022/06/20/aviatar-plataforma-digital-lufthansa-abre-67480785.html
- Valencia Plaza: https://valenciaplaza.com/aviatar-plataforma-digital-lufthansa-technik-abre-nueva-sede-valencia
- 20 Minutos: https://www.20minutos.es/noticia/5018538/0/aviatar-la-plataforma-digital-de-lufthansa-technik-abre-una-nueva-sede-en-valencia/
Welcome to Valencia AVIATAR!
Valencia, the Mediterranean tech gem.